Tuesday, May 12, 2009

First Mom's Day

Well, my first Mom's Day has passed... I had a nice day, but it wasn't what I had originally expected. Scott wasn't able to be with us that day because he had to go to a memorial for his grandmother who passed away last week so it was just me and Loren. We were working a show in Port Townsend and ended up having a girls weekend with our artist-friends Sylvia and Sunny. We all stayed Saturday night in a hotel and woke up early to Loren, loudly, pooing her pants. Sylvia and I couldn't help but giggle because it was so loud and then we were all awake. The day was pretty low-key and Sunny had a great time wearing Loren around in my Moby Wrap. Sunny and Loren went shopping and bought me Mother's Day presents, a bar of artisan soap and a bowl from something called the Community Bowl Project that had been hand painted by another kiddo as part of a fundraiser. I know Loren picked them both out because she loves the color red and the bowl has red stripes on the inside and the bar of soap has a red wrapper. I'm also going to get to pick out a couple of rose bushes for Artondale as a present. Here's a picture of the four of us on Mom's Day: